Offers to suit everyone as Lonely Planet names capital in Top 10 Cities to visit listing
Dublin has officially been hailed as ‘one of Europe’s most down-to-earth and friendly cities’ by one of the most widely-read and renowned travel publications.
Lonely Planet heaped praise on the Irish capital after listing it as one of the world’s Top 10 cities to visit in 2022.
Dublin was placed in seventh position with New Zealand’s Auckland topping the poll ahead of Taiwan’s Taipei and Freiburg in Germany in third place. Florence, the Italian birthplace of the Renaissance was ranked in ninth position.
Dublin has been enjoying a rebirth of its own. Lonely Planet cited plans to pedestrianise parts of the centre to create a renewed sense of community and the city’s approach to ethical tourism along with its flourishing independent artisan shopping scene as reasons for inclusion in the Top 10 Cities list.
Owned by Ireland’s largest hotel operator, the Dalata Hotel Group, there are seven Clayton Hotels located right across Dublin, guaranteeing you will always be in the heart of what this vibrant city has to offer.
Dalata Hotel Group Marketing and E-Commerce Manager, Karen Halpin described Dublin’s inclusion in the Lonely Planet listing as great news for the city.
She said: “At Clayton Hotels we’ve always known Dublin is a wonderfully friendly and down-to-earth city, but it is great to see these qualities being officially highlighted.
“We are looking forward to welcoming more international travellers back to Dublin and accolades like this hopefully inspire people to put the city on their bucket list.
“Whether its shopping on Grafton Street, a pint of Guinness in Temple Bar or a walk in Phoenix Park there will always be a Clayton Hotel nearby offering great service and comfort.”
As travellers turn their attention to Dublin, Clayton Hotels have the following offers to tempt them to visit now and throughout 2022:
Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
- Guinness Storehouse Package: Dublin is the home of the Black Stuff and there are few more iconic places to enjoy a pint of Guinness than the Gravity Bar at St James’s Gate Brewery which offers 360-degree views across the city. Offer includes overnight stay in an Executive Room with Super King Size Bed, a Clayton Vitality Breakfast and a two-course course dinner in Stir Restaurant with a bottle of wine. Also included are two tickets for Guinness Storehouse and complimentary access to Club Vitae & Fitness Club. Rates from €199.
Clayton Hotel Charlemont
- Here Come The Girls: Treat yourself and the girls to the ultimate city escape – just a 10-minute stroll from St Stephen’s Green and Grafton Street. Offer includes a delicious two-course meal in Gaudens Restaurant and a complimentary glass of bubbly. Explore the nightlife, the city lights and soak up the cocktail culture all on the hotel’s doorstep. The next morning wake up in style to a full Irish Breakfast whilst taking in the views of Dublin’s Grand Canal. Rates from €204.
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
- Get Back With Friends: Gather your ‘guys n girls’ for a city getaway like no other. Treat yourselves to a fun escape in the perfect location just a 15-minute walk from St Stephen’s Green and Grafton Street. Experience the vibrancy of Dublin city with some of the best Irish boutiques, wining & dining and famous attractions within walking distance. Offer includes a bottle of Prosecco on arrival and a buffet breakfast the following morning. Rates from €135.
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
- Rediscover Dublin City: Enjoy a two-night break (October 12-November 30) with breakfast and a delicious three-course dinner on the night of your choice in the stunning Grandstand Restaurant. This is the perfect location to enjoy a concert at the RDS or a match at the Aviva Stadium while the city centre is just a short distance away. Rates from €149.
Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
- Romantic Getaway: Enjoy a relaxing stay in South Dublin with your loved one. Offer includes two nights’ Bed & Breakfast, an evening meal with wine and a late check-out on the morning of your departure. The Clayton Hotel Leopardstown is the perfect base for a relaxing stay with a stroll along Dun Laoghaire Pier the perfect way to prepare for a romantic meal. Rates from €125.
Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley
- Stop, Shop and Drop: With the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre just a five-minute walk away, a stay at the Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley is a must for anyone in need of some retail therapy. The centre is one of Ireland’s leading shopping destinations with over 80 stores and 20 restaurants. Offer includes a €50 shopping voucher, Bed & Breakfast and complimentary access to Club Vitae swimming pool. Rates from €169.
To enjoy even better value and super savings guests can sign up to Click on Clayton and save €10 per night when you book directly through the Clayton Hotels website.
For more about Clayton Hotels and great Dublin offers visit www.claytonhotels.com.