DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are ten exciting things taking place this week including three food experiences and events (18-24 November)
- Belfast Christmas Market 2019, Belfast, 16 November- 22 December. Visit the Belfast Christmas Market in the City Hall grounds for an award-winning taste of Christmas with over 30 international traders offering incredible foods and delightful gift ideas.
- Christmas Cooking Demonstration, Dungannon, 23 November. Sit back, relax and learn how to get prepared for Christmas with this practical cookery demonstration at Wee Buns Cookery School. Learn how to get ahead for the day with lots of tips and delicious tried and tested recipes.
- Irish Whiskey Tasting at The Morning Star, Belfast, 21 November. Join The Morning Star for an Irish whiskey experience with their Irish whiskey ambassador Joe McGowan. Enjoy a number of very different whiskeys, tasting flight, cocktail demonstration, award winning tasty nibbles and learn some whiskey knowledge along the way.
- CS. Lewis Festival, Belfast, 22-26 November. Be transported through the wardrobe into the incredible imaginative world of C.S. Lewis and his characters. The festival offers plenty of family-friendly events, a huge range of informative talks and discussions and lots of opportunities to explore your own imagination through bespoke workshops.
- Atlantic Sessions, Coleraine, 15-18 November. From traditional to contemporary, from electric to acoustic, Atlantic Sessions has emerged as a permanent music feature on the cultural calendar creating an energetic, vibrant atmosphere in the pubs, hotels, coffee shops and town halls across Portrush, Portstewart and Portballintrae.
- The Polar Express at the Culloden Estate, Belfast, 19-23 November. Climb on board and explore Santa’s Polar Express at the Culloden Estate & Spa. Meet Santa and his elves, enjoy the train journey and get your Christmas gift.
- Kirkistown Point to Point, Portavogie, 23 November. This exciting horse race in County Down provides an exhilarating day out with the first race starting at 12pm.
- Guildhall Craft Fair 2019, Derry~Londonderry, 22-24 November. Celebrating its twenty-fifth anniversary, this annual event at the Guildhall showcases a wide range of bespoke craft items created by craft designer-makers and artists throughout Ireland.
- Tastes, Tales and Tunes, Ballygally, 20 November. Tastes, Tales and Tunes provides you with a great collaboration of food, tales and music from the surrounding Antrim Coast area. Enjoy tapas at Ballygally Castle, listen to tales with Liz Weir as traditional music accompanies these activities.
- Krazi Baker Baking Classes, Dromore, 24 November. Enjoy this Christmas class which teaches how to bake an 8-inch Xmas cake, Stollen bread and sweet mince pies, the perfect homemade festive treats for the Christmas season.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com. For additional Taste the Island events, please visit www.discovernorthernireland.com/tastetheisland